• Sponsorship of the NGO ECOOCEANOS for the promotion of clean beaches.
• Installation of LED light bulbs to encourage energy efficiency in our central offices.
• Installation of recycling bins in central offices.
GRAN HOTEL BAHÍA DEL DUQUE RESORT
• Energy efficiency by installing LED light bulbs in all the rooms of the Hotel:
- Refurbished Room: 56% of energy saving.
- Redecorated Room: 66% of energy saving.
• Energy saving by replacing the TV’s in all the rooms of the Hotel: 15% energy saving.
• The Hotel joined once again the initiative “Earth Hour”, organized by the environmental NGO WWF.
• Renewal of the award TUI ENVIRONMENTAL CHAMPION, for a sustainable management, social commitment and respect for the environment.
• Implementing and promoting the separation of waste with the placement of recycling bins in the common areas.
• BIOSPHERE Seal awarded in 2011 and renewed in 2012 and 2013.
• Participation in the experimental sustainable tourism excursion in electric cars as part of the Project “Effi-e Car” by TURISFERA.
• Training in environmental awareness and management in the area of maintenance, pools and Spa.
• Collaboration with ECOOCEANOS, with the participation of personnel of the Hotel in the cleaning of the beach San Juan.
• Sale of organic cosmetic products in our drugstores.
• Purchase of organic food products for our restaurants.
• Use of organic cleaning products ECOLAB (cleaning chemicals)
Which has enabled significant expenditure cost savings as well as chemical savings over the consumption of conventional “finished” products. Considerable decrease in the number of containers by reusing durable and recyclable containers, and consequent reduction of chemical waste by using feeders.
The containers are printed, thus avoiding the use of labels which can get lost in the process. They are ergonomic and their application systems (in the case of the most aggressive) use spray foam, which prevents the product becoming airborne or splashing the operator or the environment, and thus avoiding accidents.
• Incorporating ergonomic impregnation scrubbing system (TTS):
Originally designed to prevent contamination between rooms and common areas, this ergonomic system prevents back, wrist and shoulder problems; furthermore this system avoids contact with liquids and with dirt on the cloths.
It reduces the use of water in everyday cleaning procedures, due to the levels of absorption in the mop.
Cost savings also occur thanks to a longer lasting product and less water usage.
• Decrease in the packaging weight of the 5 and 8 litre bottles, with a consequent reduction in the amount of materials used (estimated reductions of 20 tons).
• Change to LED lighting in the south delegation and in the factory (50% of the total) promoting energy efficiency.
• Increased recycling in most areas. 100% of the waste generated in the factory and the warehouse is now managed.
• Collaboration with ECOOCEANOS, with the participation of the personnel of Fuentealta in the clean the beach campaign (Beach San Juan).
• Continuing with the use of ECOLA products, which are respectful of the environment.
• Purchase of corporate merchandising using recycled materials.
GRUPO INMOBILIARIO ISLAS OCCIDENTALES
• Installation of recycling bins for paper and carton.
• Improvement of the category of energy efficiency of our buildings, by renewing materials used in renovations and / or arrangements.
• Beginning of the installation of LED lighting in all common areas of the buildings in order to promote energy efficiency.
TASCA EL CALLEJÓN
• Selective recycling of waste, carton, glass and packaging.
• Support for organic farming, by incorporating into shopping basket of a greater number of these products.